Last Updated and Effective date: September 9, 2020
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information that you provide when using our Services, which includes your name, email address, phone number, company name, shipping and billing address, payment information (e.g., credit card, gift card or PayPal information), customer identification, product registration information, photographs, purchase history, and any information you communicate to us when you contact customer support. We also collect your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, information regarding the device you used to access this website and our applications and your usage of our website and applications. Further, we may receive personal information from third-party data cooperatives or data aggregators.
THE REASON WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect help us learn more about your needs and provide Services to you. The personal information we collect may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To Confirm and Fulfill Your Order. When you open an account and place an order, we will collect basic information from you, including your name, email address, phone number, company name, shipping and billing address, and payment information. We use this information to confirm and ship your order, process your payment, and communicate with you regarding your order.
- Mobile Applications. Our mobile applications will connect to our server and may collect information, such as your product information and settings, your photographs uploaded for calibrating products, purchase history, and your IP address. We use this information to provide our mobile application services and understand our customers.
- Customer Service. We collect your personal information if you contact our customer support to verify your identity and address your questions or concerns regarding our Services.
- Product and Warranty Support. We collect the personal information you provide so that we may assist you with the product you purchased, process your warranty claim, and register your product.
- Marketing, Promotions, Sweepstakes and News Alerts. We collect personal information for our own and third-party marketing purposes. We also collect your personal information so that you can take advantage of our promotions, participate in online sweepstakes, and to receive news alerts regarding our Services. We may publicly disclose your name, city and state if you are the winner of an online sweepstakes, but only with your consent.
- Automatic Updates. Some of our products and their software may include an auto-update feature when connected to our server, which gives us the ability to update or upgrade automatically from time to time, to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make the product experience better.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We share your personal information with service providers who assist us in providing the Services, such as a printing, mailing, fulfillment, email services, web hosting, and marketing. We also disclose your personal information with third-party data cooperatives or data aggregators for our own and third-party marketing purposes, which may be considered a sale of personal information under applicable law.
In addition, we may share your personal information if necessary to: (1) comply with federal, state, or local laws; (2) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local laws; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
Further, we may share non-personal information with other parties to provide and perform Services on our behalf or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used as long as the information has been deidentified or aggregated.
Lastly, we may transfer to a third party personal information as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Therefore, by using our Services you acknowledge this risk. We will notify you if there is a breach of our security where required by law or deemed necessary under the circumstances.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be retained for the time required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, professional, contractual, regulatory, accounting or reporting obligations.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use this website. Only adults 18 years or older are permitted to purchase our products or services. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a user of our Services who is under the age of 13, we will remove that child's personal information from our files.
Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Simplehuman, or a third party, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as Facebook) to collect information from your activities on the Services as well as other sites for the purpose of providing advertisements and other content that is customized to your interests and preferences. Unfortunately, customers who turn off cookies in their browser settings will not be able to shop from our Services.
Simplehuman has also implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, such as Google Analytics Demographics. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. Simplehuman will use the data provided by Google Analytics Demographics to develop the Services and content around our users' interests.
DO NOT TRACK NOTICE
Our website currently does not support or respond to Do Not Track requests. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. You can find out more information about opting-out of interest-based advertising at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices .
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING FEATURES
This website may offer social media sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on this website with other media, and vice versa. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. Social media sharing features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social media sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
OPT OUT AND CORRECTIONS
Upon your request, we will take action upon any or all of the following:
- Correct or update your personal information.
- Stop sending emails to your email address.
- Disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account.
- Opt out of the sale of your personal information.
You can make these requests by emailing your request to our Customer Support department at email@example.com . Please clearly label the subject line "Opt Out / Corrections". In the body of the email, tell us what you'd like to correct or opt out of. Kindly do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Beginning January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") regarding their personal information. We describe below your rights if you are a California resident.
Right To Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose why we collected or, if applicable, sold your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
- The categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
- If applicable, the categories of personal information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties who received your personal information in the sale.
You may submit a request for the information above by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting a ticket here . Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
Right To Request Deletion Of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we collected or maintained about you. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, personal information we can delete from our records, and we will direct any other parties with whom we shared your personal information to also delete your personal information from their records.
There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal information or direct other parties to delete your personal information from their records. Some of these instances include, but are not limited to, if we need to: (1) retain your personal information to complete a transaction or provide a good or service, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall, or to perform under a contract between us; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right to free speech; (5) comply with the law; and (6) use your personal information for internal and lawful purposes.
You may request to delete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or submitting a ticket here . Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
We may sell your personal information to third parties, as the term "sell" is defined under the CCPA. Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. You may request to opt out of the sale of your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA, as described above. This includes, but is not limited to: (A) denying goods or services to you; (B) charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (C) providing a different level or quality of goods or services; or (D) suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You may use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf to exercise the rights above. When contacting us through the methods above to exercise any of the CCPA rights, please indicate whether you are an authorized agent and we will provide you instructions on how we will verify and process your request.